Everyone’s heard of memory foam and the joys of its comfort. There are certainly some great value memory foam mattresses out there, but you may not have heard of memory’s cheaper alternative: reflex foam. With this, hybrid memory foam and spring system mattresses are a popular choice too.
When looking for a mattress there are some factors that you should consider alongside its price tag. You should be looking for mattresses that fit these criteria in relation to your preferences:
- Support or tension (from soft to extra firm)
- Build/layers of the mattress (open coil, pocket sprung, memory foam or hybrid)
- Finishes of the mattress (quilting or tufting)
- Fillings (natural or manmade, dependent on allergies)
- Mattress care (two-sided or easy care)
Now, this guide is going to go through all the memory combinations and where the best value lies within them all…
Silentnight Pocket Essentials 800 Memory Pocket Sprung Mattress
Hybrid mattresses of memory foam and pocket springs are great for offering support and comfort. This mattress has great qualities with £289.00 (for a double) as the price tag…
- Medium firm support.
- 800 pocket springs (for a kingsize mattress) that move individually, combined with a generous 25mm layer of memory foam. This provides unparalleled support, truly moulding to the movements and contours of your body.
- Easy care one-sided mattress.
- Polyester fillings and memory foam are great for allergy sufferers.
Healthopaedic Memory Pocket Deluxe 1000 Pocket Sprung Mattress
Another hybrid, the Healthopaedic Memory Pocket offers a pressure-relieving, body moulding mattress for only £279.00 as a double. This is what it offers…
- Medium support.
- 1000 pocket springs (for a king size mattress) and a lavish 25mm layer of memory foam.
- One-sided easy to maintain the mattress.
- Breathable damask cover which gives the mattress a soft, luxurious finish.
Snuggle Beds Ortho Memory Supreme Open Coil Mattress
For a combination of an open coil spring system, memory foam and great value, Snuggle Beds offer it. Only at £179.00 for a double, this mattress offers a lot for such a small price…
- Medium tension.
- 25mm of body moulding memory foam, great for spine alignment support.
- Breathable micro-quilted cover with vents along the sides to release damp air, creating a cool and dry sleeping environment. Memory foam is often considered to be fairly insulating, so this is a great attribute to be included in this mattress.
There you have it, our guide on budget foam mattresses! We have something for everyone here, especially if you’re a foam lover. What do you think of the variety of different foams there are and do you have a particular favourite? Let us know…